Data Protection Declaration
This data protection declaration explains the nature, scope and purpose of processing personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") within our online services and the associated websites, functions and content, as well as external online presences, e.g. our social media profile (hereinafter referred to jointly as "Online Services"). With respect to the terminology used, e.g. "personal data" or its "processing", we refer to the definitions in Art. 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
|Street no.:||Avenue de Cortenbergh, 71|
|Post code, town, country:||B-1000 Brussels|
|Managing Director:||Karin Arz|
|Telephone number:||+49 (0) 62 57 / 96 94 36|
Types of data processed:
- Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times)
- Metadata/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses)
Processing special categories of data (Art. 9 Subsection 1 GDPR):
- No special categories of data are processed.
Categories of the persons affected by the processing:
- Visitors and users of the Online Services.
Hereinafter we will also refer to the data subjects jointly as "users".
Purpose of the processing:
- Provision of contractual performance, its content and functions.
- Applicable Legal Bases
- Changes and Updates to the Data Protection Declaration
- Safety precautions
- We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, extent, circumstances and purposes of the processing as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and severity of the risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk; these measures include in particular safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling the physical access to the data as well as the access to, entering, transferring, safeguarding the availability and separation of the respective data. In addition, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subjects' rights, deletion of data and response to data breaches. Furthermore, we take the protection of personal data into account as early as during development or selection of hardware, software and processes, in accordance with the principle of data protection through technology design and data protection-friendly default settings (Art. 25 GDPR).
- The security measures include in particular the encrypted transmission of data between your browser and our server.
- Cooperation with Contract Processors and Third Parties
- Insofar as we disclose data to other persons and companies (contract processors or third parties) within the scope of our processing, transfer such data to them or otherwise grant them access to such data, this shall only take place on the basis of legal permission (e.g. if a transfer of the data to third parties, such as payment service providers, pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR is necessary for the performance of the contract), your consent, a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. when using agents, web hosts, etc.).
- If we commission third parties with the processing of data on the basis of a so-called "order processing contract", this is carried out pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR.
- Transfers to Third Countries
- Rights of Data Subjects
- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether the data in question will be processed and to be informed of this data and to receive further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to request the completion of data concerning you or the rectification of incorrect data concerning you.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to demand that the respective data be deleted immediately or, as an alternative, to demand that the processing of the data be restricted pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to demand that the data concerning you which you have provided to us be received in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR and that it be transferred to other responsible parties.
- Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you also have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
- Right of Withdrawal
- Right to Object
- Cookies and Right to Object to Direct Marketing
- Deletion of Data
- The data processed by us will be deleted or their processing restricted in accordance with Art. 17 and 18 GDPR. Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and there are no legal obligations to retain them. If the data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes, their processing will be restricted. This means that the data will be blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be stored pursuant to the provisions of the German Commercial Code or the German Tax Code.
- According to legal requirements, the data is stored in particular for 6 years in accordance with Â§ 257 Para. 1 German Commercial Code/HGB (Commercial Books, Inventories, Opening Balance Sheets, Annual Financial Statements, Commercial Letters, Accounting Vouchers, etc.) and for 10 years in accordance with Â§ 147 Para. 1 AO (Books, Records, Management Reports, Accounting Vouchers, Commercial and Business Letters, Documents Relevant for Taxation, etc.).
- Establishment of Contact
- Collection of Access Data and Log Files
- On the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f. GDPR, we collect data on each access to the server on which this service is located (so-called server log files). The access data include the name of the website accessed, file, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider.
- Log file information is stored for a maximum of seven days for security reasons (e.g. to clarify abuse or fraud) and then deleted. Data, the further storage of which is necessary for evidence purposes, is excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
- Cookies & Reach Measurement
- Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from our web server or third-party web servers to the usersâ€™ web browsers and stored there for later retrieval. Cookies can be small files or other types of information storage.
- We use "session cookies", which are stored only for the duration of the current visit to our online presence (e.g. to enable the storage of your login status or the shopping basket function and thus the use of our online offer at all). In a session cookie, a randomly generated unique identification number is stored, a so-called session ID. In addition, a cookie contains information about its origin and the storage period. These cookies cannot store any other data. Session cookies are deleted when you have terminated your usage of our online service and log out or close your browser, for example.
- If the users do not want cookies to be stored on their computer, they are asked to deactivate the corresponding option in the system settings of their browser. Stored cookies can be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies can lead to functional restrictions of this online offer.
- Integration of Third-Party Services and Content
- Within the scope of our online offer, acting on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimization and economical operation of our online offer in the sense of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f. GDPR) we use content or service offers from third parties in order to integrate their content and services, such as videos or fonts (hereinafter consistently referred to as "content"). This always presupposes that the third-party providers of this content perceive the IP address of the users, since they would not be able to send the content to the usersâ€™ browser without the IP address. The IP address is therefore required for the presentation of this content. We make every effort to use only those contents the respective providers of which will use the IP address exclusively to deliver the contents. Third-party providers may also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as "web beacons") for statistical or marketing purposes. â€œPixel tags" can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website. The pseudonymous information may also be stored in cookies on the user's device and may contain, among other things, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring web pages, visit times and other information about the use of our online offer, and may also be merged with such information from other sources.
- The following presentation provides an overview of third-party providers and their contents, along with links to their data protection declarations, which contain further information on the processing of data and, as partially already mentioned here, possible options for objection (so-called opt-out):
In accordance with Art. 13 GDPR we inform you about the legal basis of our data processing. If the legal basis is not mentioned in the data protection declaration, the following applies: The legal basis for obtaining consent is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a and Art. 7 GDPR, the legal basis for processing in order to perform our services and carry out contractual measures as well as answering inquiries is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, the legal basis for processing in order to comply with our legal obligations is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR, and the legal basis for processing in order to safeguard our legitimate interests is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require processing personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as the legal basis.
We ask you to inform yourself regularly about the content of our data protection declaration. We will adapt the data protection declaration as soon as any changes to the data processing carried out by us make this necessary. We will inform you as soon as such changes require your cooperation (e.g. consent) or any other individual notification.
If we process data in a third country (i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)) or if this happens in the context of the use of third-party services or disclosure or transfer of data to third parties, this will only occur if it is done to comply with our (pre-)contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests. Subject to legal or contractual permissions, we process or allow the data to be processed in a third country only if the special requirements of Art. 44 ff. of the GDPR are met. This means that the processing takes place, for example, on the basis of special guarantees, such as the officially recognized determination of a data protection level corresponding to that of the EU (e.g. for the USA by the "Privacy Shield") or compliance with officially recognized special contractual obligations (so-called "standard contractual clauses").
You have the right to revoke consents granted pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR with effect for the future.
You may object at any time to the future processing of the data concerning you in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR. In particular, you may object to the processing of your data for the purposes of direct marketing.
The storage of cookies can be prevented by switching them off in the browser settings. Please note that in this case potentially not all functions of this online offer can be used.
When contacting us (via contact form or e-mail), the user's details will be processed in order to process the contact request and its handling in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.